Thursday, November 5, 2009

Links That I have Enjoyed Using!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Throughout my blog, there have been several of my links that have really shown to be helpful more than any of the other links and I have really been thankful that I was able to find and use them.

The first of these is Geocraft. This was one of the first sites that I found in my search for information about natural water vapor as a greenhouse gas. Not only did it tell me much of the information that I was looking for about water vapor, it also gave me a lot of information about other natural greenhouse gases. There were many charts, graphs, and explanations that showed me that more of the greenhouse gases are natural than I first thought. It's information was also very clear and easy to understand.

The next link was written by Dr. Spencer. This site taught me a lot more about natural carbon dioxide than I thought I knew and gave a lot more information than geocraft did on carbon dioxide specifically. Dr. Spencer gave explanations, charts, and graphs as well that, while not as clear as geocraft's information to the general public, were still very helpful to my learning. This site showed me that global warming can affect the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, instead of just the other way around. This was some amazing information that answered a previous question I had that was caused by Al Gore's slideshow, An Inconvenient truth. So all in all, this was a very useful link to me.

The next link that I found useful is from Daily Mail Online. This article introduced me to the idea that natural global warming is caused by a lot more than just water vapor. This turned out to be a great link which explained more about the little I had heard about the sun affecting global warming and showed me that it may be affecting global warming more than I had previously thought. I am glad to have found this because it was able to strengthen my argument that global warming is natural significantly by adding another natural cause and explaining the previous cycles and weather patterns that have existed throughout mankind's history.


Another useful and strong link was from NASA. One of the articles I found about studies on water vapor as a greenhouse gas was from the NASA.gov web site. So not only was I able to learn a lot from this site, it was also a very credible source. It emphasized the fact that water vapor is the worst greenhouse gas and taught me more about how it interacts with other greenhouse gases. I learned that water vapor increases the warming caused by other gases. So I was able to learn that water vapor may account for more of global warming than even I had thought!

Another small web page that I found useful was from a meteorologist. This meteorologist wrote about how carbon dioxide and water vapor are both greenhouse gases and even though carbon dioxide is a more efficient greenhouse gas, water vapor is much more important because of it's large quantity. This article showed me the idea that when weathermen make day to day forecasts, they do not even consider the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere when they make predictions. This is because the amount of difference that the carbon dioxide would make compared to the sun and to water vapor is so small that they weathermen know that it is not significant to count in their measurements.

No comments:

Post a Comment